Early Help Family Service
What is the Early Help Family Service?
The Early Help Family Service (Early Help) is a new child and family health program delivered by Anglicare Victoria in partnership with Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) and Tweddle Child and Family Health Service (Tweddle).
Early Help will provide inclusive support to families living in Western Melbourne with children aged 0-18. Early Help is designed to connect families and support the wellbeing and development of children and will provide a range of interventions depending on a family’s need.
Families participating in universal services including early childhood education and care services, primary and secondary schools, and maternal and child health (MCH) services will be able to refer to the program.
Children and families from Aboriginal and culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds will, where possible, be prioritised and linked to VACCA’s Early Help and other services. The Early Help program is designed for families in community and universal settings; schools, early learning, community facilities and other places where families work and play.
Early Help Family Service can assist with a range of parent and family worries and aims to support the wellbeing and development of their children. Helping early can be a great way to prevent bigger problems:
- Individual help for parents and families, including sleep, settling, routines and mealtimes
- Support and Connecting to resources and other services
- Parenting Programs and Peer Support Groups
- Help with parenting worries & stresses, help with bonding, play, behaviour & development
Connecting to Early Help Family Service
- Parents, families and carers with children from birth to 18 years can receive Early Help Family Service support.
- A parent or family member can contact Early Help themselves to get support for children aged birth to 18 years with concerns that are beginning to grow.
- School staff or other workers can refer you to Early Help with your permission.
Want to know more about Early Help? We welcome your questions, please contact:
Sara Allen, Early Help Family Service Practitioner, Tweddle Child & Family Health Service
- Available by phone Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm
- Mobile: 0435 404 988 Email: email@example.com
Early Help Location and Days
- Monday and Tuesday The Quantin Binnah Community Centre, Werribee
- Wednesday & Thursday Braybrook Community Hub
We can assist families to connect to other Early Help Family Services in the area:
Anglicare Victoria: Supporting parents of children and young people up to the age of 18.
VACCA: Supporting all Aboriginal and/ or Torres Strait Island families and their children.
Bringing Up Great Kids
The Bringing Up Great Kids (BUGK) parent program is a fun and free 6-week in-person or online group that focuses on how parents communicate with their children. Bringing Up Great Kids promotes respectful and caring
relationships between parents/carers and their children aged 12 months to 8 years.
BUGK offers opportunities for parents to learn about how children understand and use messages from their parents in their own development. This parenting program combines a reflective mindfulness-based approach to parenting with a focus on the emotional and developmental needs of children.
Bringing Up Great Kids helps parents & carers to:
- Reflect on & understand your own parenting style
- Learn about baby and child brain development and its influence
- Understand and respond mindfully to your baby or child’s behaviour
- Understand the messages that your child is communicating with you and how they do this
- Consider ways to take care of yourself and find support when you need it
- Recognise different infant and child cues
Bringing Up Great Kids Program details
Dates & Times (In person & online – no childcare available)
- Tuesdays 9.15am – 11.15am
- Online Tuesdays 7pm-9pm
- Tuesday 23rd August – Tues 11th October
(6-week program with a break for school holidays)
- Westgrove Primary School – 37a Thames BLVD Werribee
More information and bookings:
Sara Allen – Tweddle
M: 0435 404 988 – Sara.firstname.lastname@example.org
Grace Perrott – Anglicare Victoria
M: 0488 550 304 – Grace.email@example.com
Bringing Up Great Kids is part of the ‘Early Help Family Service’