Keys to Caregiving
- 9.30am - 4.30pm Thursday, 26th September 2019
- Tweddle Child & Family Health Service Tweddle Child & Family Health Service, Adelaide Street, Footscray VIC, Australia
- $295 plus booking fee / Workshop fee includes Keys To Caregiving manual and lunch (please advise dietary requirements
Keys to Caregiving is a research based 1 day workshop and learning program from the Barnard Centre University of Washington. The program provides important information on newborn and infant behaviour which builds competence and confidence in practitioners and their work with families. The course builds practitioner knowledge on infant cues, infant states, state modulation and the importance of the feeding interaction.
The program is designed for community support and health professionals working with families and their children aged 0-2years.
What is Keys To Caregiving and how does Keys to caregiving benefit the parent child interaction?
The training is research based and provides the following:
- It increases both provider and caregiver’s knowledge of the infant’s amazing abilities
- It builds confidence and competence in parent/caregiver’s care of their infants
- It assists providers in effectively sharing this knowledge with parents
In this interactive training program, participants will be observing short films of infants and their caregivers followed by workshop activities discussing how this knowledge can be practically applied to working with parents. All participants will be provided with a Keys to Caregiving Study Guide (included as part of program costs).
This day is facilitated by Tweddle Assistant Director of Clinical Services, Research and Education, Ms Beverley Allen using DVDs, research based information and handouts from NCAST. Beverley has a background in Maternal & Child Health Nursing, Midwifery and Family Therapy and is a qualified educator with extensive knowledge working with families and their 0-18 year old children.
The training includes the Keys to Caregiving manual and lunch. Please advise us of your dietary requirements.