Secure babies | Strong families | Safe communities
Tweddle changes the lives of parents, babies and toddlers who are experiencing vulnerability, with far reaching consequences now and for generations. We do this through:
- Promoting Infant Mental Health
- Developing Secure Attachment
- Advocating for The First 1000 Days
- Helping parents understand Infant Brain Development
- Building Resilience in families
- Strengthening the skills and capacity of parents to care for their babies and toddlers
- Encouraging play, singing and reading to nurture a child’s development
All Tweddle programs are underpinned by the evidence relating to the adverse impacts on infants and toddlers who experience traumatic stress in the crucial early years.
The quality of interactions and attachment between a baby and their parents is the core process for brain development. This impacts lifelong health and wellbeing outcomes.
Tweddle’s upstream services play a critical and timely role in building parents’ internal and external resources, skills and capacity to manage challenges and stress.
Read more about Tweddle’s vision, values, aims, objectives and five pillars in our 2017-2021 Strategic Plan.