Tweddle supporting Red Nose Day 29th June
Tweddle commends the valuable work of Sids and Kids and Red Nose Day on the 29th of June, the major fundraiser dedicated to saving the lives of babies and children during pregnancy, birth, infancy and childhood and to supporting bereaved families.
SIDS and Kids Safe Sleeping, is evidence-based health program providing information about how to reduce the risk of SIDS and fatal sleeping accidents and create a safe sleeping environment for babies. SIDS and Kids Safe Sleeping program recommends:
• Sleep baby on the back from birth, not on the tummy or side.
• Sleep baby with head and face uncovered.
• Keep baby smoke free before birth and after.
• Provide a safe sleeping environment night and day.
• Sleep baby in their own safe sleeping place in the same room as an adult care-giver for the first six to twelve months.
• Breastfeed baby if you can
Sids an Kids offer 24 hour nation-wide free bereavement services to families who have experienced the death of a baby or child during pregnancy, birth, infancy and childhood regardless of the cause. Visit http://www.rednoseday.com.au/ to donate